Edible Arrangements, the pioneer and leader in handcrafted fresh-fruit arrangements, recently recognized exemplary members of the corporate team for their contributions to a banner 2012 that included the opening of the company’s 1,000th location.
Amy Wietmarschen, project manager in the operations department, received the highest honor, the Pineapple Super Star Award, in recognition of her commitment to the brand, franchisees, and customers. She also was presented with a new Toyota.
“The Pineapple Super Star Award is given to an employee who not only is an asset to their team, but is also a personal inspiration to so many inside and outside our office,” said Tariq Farid, Edible Arrangements cofounder and CEO. “Amy consistently ‘WOWs’ the team, works countless hours, and is an instrumental part of making this company a success. Plus, she puts a smile on everyone’s face with her amazing attitude and her motto of ‘my pleasure’ when asked to assist with any task or project.”
Other staff members honored by the Management Team included:
- Rookies Of the Year Award: Lindsay Hile, coordinator, marketing Department; and Brittny Bishop, systems support specialist, at Netsolace, Inc., a technology company affiliated with Edible Arrangements International.The Rookie of the Year Award is given to employees who truly wowed the team within their first 12 months of employment.
- EA Spirit Award: Michelle MacMillen, Web project coordinator, e-commerce department; and Monique Manczuk, project and event coordinator.The EA Spirit Award goes to the team members who display on a daily basis that they believe in and are excited to be a part of the Edible Arrangements company.
- Most Impactful Team Member Award: Sarah Dinan, coordinator, new store department.The Most Impactful Award is given to the team member who made a significant positive impact on the company, the team, and franchisees. As the 2012 recipient, Sarah managed and opened more than 70 new Edible Arrangements locations last year.
- Netsolace Most Impactful Team Member Award: Faisal Tajammul, director of software development, Netsolace, Inc.Tajammul took control of managing a team and transformed the team and environment for the betterment of the whole brand.
- Rising Star Award: Sania Mahmood, assistant controller, finance department.This award was given to an up-and-coming member of the Edible Arrangements team who possesses a tremendous amount of energy, excitement, and passion for their role.
- The Pineapple Daisy Award: Carmine DiMeo, product analyst, e-commerce department.Named the Pineapple Daisy Award because the recipient is someone who literally touches all areas of the company’s business, like the petals of the daisy. DiMeo was honored for juggling numerous tasks, assignments, and requests on any given day from a variety of departments.