Milwaukee-based Cousins Subsrecognized a number of its franchisees for outstanding performance at its annual meeting at the Wilderness Resort in the Wisconsin Dells from April 28–30.
Approximately 200 franchisees, corporate employees, vendors, and guests were in attendance.
Cousins Subs’ “Franchisee of the Year” award was presented to Andy Lanz from Verona, Wisconsin.
“Andy exemplifies everything it means to be a part of the Cousins Subs family,” says Christine Specht, president and COO of Cousins Subs. “He has demonstrated excellence in all aspects of owning and operating a franchise—marketing, store operations, guest service, and leadership.”
Lanz says, “I’m honored to have received this award. I believe in my team, who all work hard, and I am proud of what we accomplish together.”
Other award categories and winners were:
- Sales Achievement: Presented to the store with the highest percent increase in sales from the previous year. Winner: Andy Lanz from Verona, Wisconsin
- Sales Leadership: Presented to the store with the highest gross sales. Winners: Bill Specht Jr., Nick and Kym Gierach from Germantown, Wisconsin
- Vendor of the Year: Presented to a supplier/partner that has providd exceptional product or service with top-notch quality, great value, and is backed by excellent customer service. Winner: Sprecher Brewing Company from Milwaukee
- Make It Better: Presented to a franchisee who is committed to Cousins Subs’ mission to “Make It A Better Day” through community involvement and donation in the areas of hunger, health/wellness, and education. Winner: James Valentine from Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Marketing Award: Presented to a franchisee who has demonstrated excellence in planning and executing local store marketing plans, community outreach, and representing Cousins Subs in a positive way. Winners: Dwayne and Carrie Bilicki, Scott & Julie Heindel from Franklin, Wisconsin
- Guest Service Award: Presented to a franchisee who has excelled in store appearance, guest service, and food quality that keeps guests coming back. Winners: David and Laurie Johnson from Ripon, Wisconsin
- Tenure Awards: Arvind Patel, Toby Krommer, and Vijay Sehgal (five years); Kim and Duane Seidler, and Jim Grochowski (10 years); Mark Morello, Tom Jones, Connie Pytlik, and Shah and Alia Hussaini (15 years); Jill Bohn, Maria Piotter, and Bill Specht Jr. (25 years); and Mike Laabs (35 years).
“All of our franchisees work hard to achieve Cousins Subs’ mission to ‘Make It A Better Day,”’ Specht says. “Without them, we would not be able to have sustained such a high-quality product and level of guest service for the past 41 years and counting.”