Korean-style fried chicken restaurant chain Bonchon Chicken officially opens on Saturday, June 8, in New Brunswick, New Jersey. The first 100 customers will receive five free chicken wings.
The New Brunswick Bonchon Chicken, available for dine-in, takeout, or delivery, is conveniently located at the intersection of Route 27 and Easton Avenue, directly across from the train station.
Customers are encouraged to call ahead for takeout orders to avoid waiting.
Bonchon Chicken is known for its signature non-greasy, cage-free chicken that has been double-fried and smothered in Soy Garlic or Hot Flavor savory sauces.
The double-frying process produces a thin and crunchy skin while fat is sucked out. All that remains is chicken meat that is crispy, flavorful, and retains its moisture from the thin battered skin.
Sauces are hand-brushed piece by piece immediately after the second fry.
Bonchon Chicken menu includes:
- Signature wings, drumsticks, and chicken strips available in small, medium, large, or extra-large portions. Guests can choose between Soy Garlic, Hot Sauce, or half & half, as well as a side of rice or radish.
- Bulgogi Rib Eye—Thinly sliced rib eye beef marinated and aged with a soy-based homemade sauce.
- Bull Dak—Stir-fried spicy chicken with rice cake topped with thinly sliced scallions and cheese.
- Bibimbob—Steamed rice served with assorted vegetables and red pepper paste in a sizzling hot pot. Customers can choose between Bulgogi, chicken, or tofu.
- Chicken Katsu—A breaded chicken cutlet over a bed of rice with Katsu sauce and spicy mayo.
- Tteokbokki—Stir-fried rice cakes with Korean spicy sauce.
Korean-influenced side dishes and appetizers include Sesame Ginger Salad and House Salad with beef, chicken, or tofu; edamame, dumplings (vegetable or beef), shrimp shumai, and pork potstickers; and Kimchi, steamed rice, coleslaw, Kimchi coleslaw, pickled radish, and seasoned french fries.
The first Bonchon Chicken opened in South Korea in 2002. In 2006, Bonchon Chicken entered the U.S. market, opening its first restaurant in Leonia, New Jersey.
Today, Bonchon Chicken has more than 50 locations worldwide with New Jersey locations in Fort Lee, Jersey City, and Leonia.
The New Brunswick Bonchon Chicken franchise is owned and operated by Mayur Suchdev and Ankit Patel, both graduates of Rutgers University.