More than 2,700-unit Jimmy John’s launched a fresh ad campaign this week. Instead of its typical push—speed—the brand is focusing on operations and some new items in the launch.
CEO James North introduced the campaign in an open letter posted on Jimmy John’s site. Check out the full letter here.
The new items are highlighted by 16-inch Giant Sandwiches. Guests can also now add sliced pickles to any sandwich. Lastly, Jimmy John’s unveiled a Kickin’ Ranch sauce made by hand in each store with fresh buttermilk and pureed hot cherry peppers.
Jimmy John’s is also aiming to share some of its preparation techniques, such as:
- Using meats that contain no added hormones, artificial ingredients or preservatives
- Slicing all veggies, cheeses and meats every day, in every Jimmy John’s location
- Only using fresh bread and not serving any bread that is more than four hours old
- Using only three ingredients for the Signature Jimmy Chips: Potatoes, peanut oil and salt
- Cutting lettuce into exactly 3/32 of an inch slices for optimum freshness
Jimmy John’s, which grew its unit count by 242 restaurants from 2015 to 2016, made two C-Suite hires earlier in the month. Stephen Piacentini, the former senior director of restaurant development and facilities at Taco Bell, where he was responsible for developing and overseeing the chain’s growth from 6,000 to 8,000 locations and directing the Cantina project, joined Jimmy John’s as chief development officer. John Shea, who headed global markets at Gatorade, took over the chief marketing officer position.
Check out Jimmy John’s new campaign below.