Whether trying to save money, eat better, or simply warm up with comforting food, guests will find something to satisfy them at Schlotzsky’s this year.
Guests who have vowed to eat healthier this New Year can still enjoy flavor and variety. Schlotzsky’s offers more than 45 menu items that are less than 670 calories, which include Pick 2 combinations, oven-baked sandwiches, fresh-tossed salads, and more. All 45 menu items are approved by the team of registered dieticians at HealthyDiningFinder.com because they meet nutrition criteria and incorporate lean and high-nutrient ingredients.
“We know our loyal guests have made New Year’s Resolutions to cut back on spending or live healthier this year,” said Schlotzsky’s president Kelly Roddy. “We want to help and that’s why we offer flavorful, healthful, and value-oriented menu choices that help guests fulfill their goals.”
For guests with gluten-based dietary restrictions, Schlotzsky's recently partnered with Udi’s Gluten Free, the leading gluten-free brand in America, to add a new gluten-free bun to its signature lineup of fresh, oven-baked sourdough breads. Guests with gluten intolerance or gluten sensitivities can now choose to order any of the oven-baked Signature Sandwiches on Schlotzsky’s gluten sensitive menu with its new Udi’s Gluten Free bun.
With the Pick 2 value option, guests can mix and match any two of the following menu items for one price: half medium oven-baked sandwich, half gourmet pizza, half artisan flatbread, half fresh-tossed salad, or bowl of its signature soup. The Pick 2 option lets value-seeking guests customize their meal with more than 1,600 possible combinations.
Schlotzsky’s offers six Pick 2 combinations that are featured on HealthyDiningFinder.com and are less than 670 calories, including:
· Half Cranberry, Apple, Pecan & Chicken Salad and bowl of Garden Vegetable Soup
· Half Smoked Turkey Sandwich and half Cranberry, Apple, Pecan & Chicken Salad
· Half Southwestern Chicken Salad and half Turkey & Guacamole Sandwich
· Half Angus Roast Beef & Cheese Sandwich and bowl of Garden Vegetable Soup
· Half BBQ Chicken Jalapeño Pizza and half Garden Salad
· Half Turkey Guacamole Sandwich and half Garden Salad
As the weather gets colder, guests can head to their nearest Schlotzsky’s to warm up with a comforting bowl of the new Bistro French Onion Soup. This classic soup is freshly made with onions—caramelized until sweet and tender—marinated in a rich beef broth and topped with croutons and Mozzarella cheese.
In addition to the new Bistro French Onion Soup, guests can further spice up the New Year with the recently introduced soup toppers that bring new flavors to Schlotzsky’s homemade soups, including:
· Loaded Baked Potato Soup topped with Cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and green onions
· Tomato Basil Bisque Soup topped with basil pesto and Parmesan cheese
· Chicken Enchilada Soup topped with tri-color tortilla strips
· Timberline Chili with Beans topped with Cheddar cheese, red onion & jalapeño