Chipotle Mexican Grill announced that it's rolling out a Supergreens salad mix nationally this week. Made of hand-cut romaine, antioxidant-rich baby kale and crisp baby spinach, Supergreens will replace the existing romaine-only salad base. This is Chipotle's second new menu item added in the last four months, following the launch of Carne Asada in September 2019. Chipotle has also made its grilled, Adobo chicken Whole30 compliant by switching the oil in its marinade, keeping the same taste, but providing guests with specific dietary goals more options.
Chipotle was a first in the fast-casual industry to offer preconfigured, diet driven Lifestyle Bowls last year, which aided its digital sales growth to hit a $1 billion milestone recently. Statistics have shown that less than 25 percent of people stay committed to their new year's resolutions after 30 days, and only 8 percent accomplish them. To help people stick to their goals, Chipotle is expanding and innovating its Lifestyle Bowls and offering free delivery for the entire month of January when customers purchase a pre-configured Lifestyle Bowl via the Chipotle app or Chipotle.com. Chipotle's Lifestyle Bowls continue to help consumers adhere to a variety of dietary choices, including Whole30, Keto, Paleo, high protein, vegan and vegetarian.
"The new year is a popular time for people to participate in Whole30, so we're excited that Chipotle's Lifestyle Bowls continue to take the stress out of healthy eating on-the-go," says Melissa Hartwig Urban, Whole30 co-founder. "Convenience is key to staying on track, so I worked closely with the culinary team at Chipotle to create three compliant bowls for the Whole30 community."
The full ingredient make-up of the Lifestyle Bowls is available below.
- 3 Whole30 Salad Bowls: Supergreens, chicken, carne asada or carnitas, fajita veggies, fresh tomato salsa and guacamole
- 2 Keto Salad Bowls: Supergreens, steak or chicken, tomatillo-red salsa, cheese and guacamole
- Paleo Salad Bowl: Supergreens, chicken, fajita veggies, tomatillo-green salsa and guacamole
- High Protein Bowl: White rice, black beans, chicken (full portion), steak (full portion), tomatillo-red salsa, cheese, and shredded romaine lettuce
- Vegan Bowl: Brown rice, black beans, plant-based Sofritas, fresh tomato salsa, roasted chili-corn salsa, shredded romaine lettuce
- Vegetarian Salad Bowl: Supergreens, brown rice, black beans, fajita veggies, fresh tomato salsa, and guacamole
"At Chipotle, we are always looking for ways to innovate the existing menu offering," adds Nevielle Panthaky, vice president of Culinary at Chipotle. "Lifestyle Bowls allow us to preconfigure our real ingredients, including the new Supergreens salad blend, in a way that helps our guests reach or maintain their health and wellness goals."
Free delivery is valid only for orders placed and fulfilled through January 31 that contain a Lifestyle Bowl, except that all qualifying delivery is free through January 6 and on January 13, in all cases within Chipotle's delivery areas from participating Chipotle locations, during normal operating hours for such locations. Lifestyle Bowls may not be altered from preconfigured selections. Minimum order $10/maximum order $200, each excluding tax. Subject to availability. Offer is not valid on catering or Burritos by the Box orders.