Industry News | February 14, 2012
Daphne's Grills Up Some Shrimp for New Entrees
Daphne’s California Greek, where fresh California and Mediterranean flavors fuse for a healthful and refreshingly new dining experience, introduced grilled, herb-marinated shrimp to its menu. Marinated in a flavorful combination of garlic, paprika, and spices and served on a skewer, the new grilled shrimp takes center stage among three new menu items, including Mango Shrimp Salad, Classic Grilled Shrimp Pita, and a Shrimp Combo that includes two sides and a beverage.
“Our grilled shrimp is right on the money for a flavorful healthy option for people who want great food that is also good for you,” says Bill Trefethen, Daphne’s CEO. “This is one more step in our California-inspired menu innovation that is giving customers a reason to keep coming back to Daphne’s.”
The new grilled shrimp items are part of Daphne’s menu evolution to combine its Mediterranean classics with a fresh California influence to provide great taste and better nutrition. Last year, Daphne’s introduced four flavorful flatbread pizzas under 500 calories each, and new salads including a California Greek Salad with roasted chicken, chopped vegetables, avocado, and more with a gorgonzola vinaigrette, and Chicken Spinach Apple Salad with cranberries and candied walnuts.
The new grilled shrimp menu items include:
· At less than 400 calories, the Mango Shrimp Salad ($9.29) features grilled shrimp, fresh hand-made mango salsa with a hint of smoky chipotle flavor, mixed greens, and feta cheese with a balsamic hummus dressing. The new balsamic hummus dressing combines the traditional sesame, garbanzo bean, lemon, and garlic flavors of hummus with a white balsamic vinegar for light, fresh taste. The salad is served with a choice of warm multi-grain or regular pita bread.
· The Classic Pita ($6.99) features grilled shrimp, chopped fresh Roma tomatoes, crispy lettuce, red onions, and Daphne’s Classic Greek dressing. The Classic Pita is also available with crispy shrimp.
· The Shrimp Selects Combo ($8.29), Daphne’s value-oriented combo meal option, includes a skewer of grilled shrimp served with a choice of two sides, pita bread, and a regular fountain beverage.
Food & Beverage
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems