Industry News | April 12, 2013
Edible Arrangements Adds New Faces to Its E-Commerce Team
Edible Arrangements announced three new additions to its e-commerce team to support the company’s online and social media expansion efforts.
With rapidly increasing sales, and more than 50 percent of orders placed through the Edible Arrangementswebsite, the company has tripled the size of its e-commerce team since 2010.
In addition, the company has launched an aggressive social media strategy, such as a recent, highly popular Facebook promotion to help launch the new Edible Arrangements Make Today a Little Sweeter collection.
“We’re excited to continue growing our e-commerce department, and welcome the leadership and experience that these new employees bring to the team,” says Kaitlin Reiss, vice president of e-commerce. “We know our guests are spending more and more time online, and we want to ‘WOW’ them with the best experience possible.”
The new members of the E-commerce team include:
- Wambui Kihanya, senior marketing manager: Kihanya will oversee the company’sdigital experience and monitor engagement across online media channels. Prior to joining Edible Arrangements, Kihanya spent five years with Microsoft, optimizing search, display, and mobile campaigns for premium strategic advertisers.
- Jenn Rohrer, e-commerce analytics director: Rohrer will help improve site traffic and conversion for the company and oversee the e-commerce finance team. She comes to Edible Arrangements with a wealth of experience from various e-marketing and Web analytics roles at The Wisconsin Food and Gift, W.W. Grainger, and Go Daddy. Most recently, she worked for the direct marketing division of Brady Corp. as the senior online acquisition manager.
- Melanie Martinez, social media strategist: Martinez joined the company in 2011 as a project coordinator and was recently promoted to social media strategist. In her new role, she will manage the company’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram. Prior to joining Edible Arrangements, Martinez worked for the Pert Group, a marketing research firm in Farmington, Connecticut.
“I really love Edible Arrangements,” Martinez says. “It’s great to work for a company that promotes creativity and offers growth opportunities.
“When you have such a unique product, the opportunities are endless,” she adds. “This is especially helpful for social media, where you always have to strive to stand out and do something different and special.”
Since January, the company has hired 12 new employees at its corporate headquarters, and is on track to meet its goal of adding 75 new employees this year.
This expansion supports Edible Arrangements’ rapidly developing franchise network of more than 1,100 locations worldwide.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems