Industry News | July 14, 2011
Wienerschnitzel Turns 50 with 61 Cent Dogs
Wienerschnitzel, the world’s largest hot dog chain, has announced an anniversary celebration that will take place at all 350 locations on Sunday, July 17, 2011 – the company’s official 50th birthday.
The company kicked off its golden-year commemoration in January 2011 by rolling out food promotions, contests, and giveaways each month. Wienerschnitzel will now say “thank you” to its loyal supporters with an all-day 50th anniversary celebration at all locations. Restaurants will be decked out with “Der fun since ‘61” decorations and fun for all.
Festivities will include:
· Menu originals - Chili Dogs, Mustard Dogs, and Kraut Dogs offered at 61 cents each to coincide with the 1961 founding year.
· Guests can enter for a chance to win a trip for two to Germany – trip includes roundtrip airfare to Munich, 7 days/6 nights hotel accommodations, and $1000 spending cash. Entry forms are available in stores on July 17 only.
· Giveaways such as certificates for free food, original D/W crest stickers, and other Wienerschnitzel merchandise.
“We have always had a fantastic network of franchisees around the country and every single one was immediately on-board with ways to celebrate our 50th anniversary and have some fun with our loyal fans,” says Tom Amberger, vice president of marketing for Wienerschnitzel. “July 17 should be a very eventful day for our guests and crew members alike, and the trip to Germany is just a little fun we’re having with our name!”
Wienerschnitzel, now the world’s largest hot dog chain, has come a long way from its humble start when it began as a single hot dog stand in Wilmington, California in 1961. While the company has grown to 350 locations and sells more than 120 million hot dogs a year, its focus remains the same – an unwavering commitment to the simplicity of the brand and operating with a business philosophy centered on family culture.
Food & Beverage
Thank you for signing up to receive QSR's flagship e-newsletter, A.M. Jolt. To help us better serve the information needs of our audience, please complete the information below.
In addition to A.M. Jolt, we also offer the following e-newsletters and communications. Please mark those you would like to receive.
- Business Services
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- Computer Systems/Software
- Dispensing Equipment
- Disposables, Packaging, Plastics
- Equipment Installation/Repair
- Financial Products/Services
- Food Products
- Franchise Opportunities
- Kitchen Equipment
- Safety Services/Products
- Security Systems