* In the U.S., sales were $7.863 billion, a 2% increase.
* In Europe, sales were $3.847 billion, a constant currency increase of 10% and a reported decrease of 1%. Reported results were reduced significantly by the weaker Euro.
* Asia/Pacific's sales were $2.915 billion, a constant currency increase of 10% and a reported increase of 16%. The reported increase benefited from the stronger Japanese Yen.
* Latin America's sales were $723 million, an 11% constant currency increase and a 9% reported increase.
* Sales in the Other segment were $818 million, a constant currency increase of 20% and a reported increase of 22%.
McDonald's Corporation is the largest and best-known food service retailer with nearly 28,000 restaurants serving more than 43 million people a day in 119 countries. On any day, even as the market leader, McDonald's serves less than one percent of the world's population.
*Information in constant currencies excludes the effect of foreign currency translation on reported results, except for hyperinflationary economies, such as Russia, whose functional currency is the U.S. Dollar.