* In the U.S., sales were $7.863 billion, a 2% increase.
* In Europe, sales were $3.847 billion, a constant currency increase of 10% and a reported decrease of 1%. Reported results were reduced significantly by the weaker Euro.
* Asia/Pacific's sales were $2.915 billion, a constant currency increase of 10% and a reported increase of 16%. The reported increase benefited from the stronger Japanese Yen.
* Latin America's sales were $723 million, an 11% constant currency increase and a 9% reported increase.
* Sales in the Other segment were $818 million, a constant currency increase of 20% and a reported increase of 22%.
McDonald's Corporation is the largest and best-known food service retailer with nearly 28,000 restaurants serving more than 43 million people a day in 119 countries. On any day, even as the market leader, McDonald's serves less than one percent of the world's population.
*Information in constant currencies excludes the effect of foreign currency translation on reported results, except for hyperinflationary economies, such as Russia, whose functional currency is the U.S. Dollar.
The five times weekly e-newsletter that keeps you up-to-date on the latest industry news and additions to this website.