On Monday, Panera announced it aims to transform the curbside experience with the launch of Panera Curbside, a geofence-enabled service that allows guests to safely and easily get their favorite Panera meals served straight to their car. As one of the first restaurants to offer free Wi-Fi, Panera has now extended its free Wi-Fi radius beyond the bakery-cafe doors and implemented geofencing technology as the company strives to provide guests with the fastest curbside experience. With the addition of geofencing, for those who opt-in, the bakery-cafe will be notified automatically when the guest arrives—creating an easy, frictionless way to get your freshly-prepared Panera favorites. Now through May 31, Panera invites guests to try Panera Curbside with $5 off any $20 order.
With seasonal favorites like Strawberry Poppyseed Salad and Summer Corn Chowder back on the menu, guests have a great reason to try a curbside version of their usual Panera Date. Order for Panera Curbside, pull up, and we will quickly bring your freshly prepared favorites out to you.
"In these unprecedented times, people are missing life's small comforts, like going out for a meal with family. While we prioritize safety and convenience, we hope that Panera Curbside can be a natural extension of the Panera Warmth inside our bakery-cafes," said Niren Chaudhary, Panera CEO. "In the new world as it emerges, we are focused on how we can best serve our customers and meet them where they are. Our latest technology and Wi-Fi capabilities, combined with enhanced protective measures at bakery-cafes, make Panera Curbside a frictionless way to continue to enjoy the Panera experience you know and love."
It's easy to order Panera Curbside from the Panera app or online:
- Step 1: Choose your meal and order for Panera Curbside
- Step 2: Tell us in the ''Special Instructions'' the make, model and color of the vehicle you'll arrive in.
- Step 3: Park in the parking lot and for those who opt-in, we'll bring your order out to your car upon arrival without any action needed. Those who don't opt-in to the service just need to tap ''I'm here'' in the MyPanera app or order confirmation email upon arrival.
If you're on-the-go or just not quite ready to come in, Panera Curbside is an easy way to get a wholesome meal everyone will love. Panera continues to take extraordinary steps to continue to serve our communities, with additional safety precautions being taken in order to open up select restaurants with a "to-go" only model, including:
- Enhanced cleaning and handwashing procedures in all bakery-cafes
- Ongoing plexiglass barrier installations in Panera cafes + drive-thru's
- Masks distributed to and worn by all associates
- Hand sanitizer available in all cafes at each entryway
- Social distancing measures clearly articulated in each cafe with signage / floor decals
- Thermometers at all cafes to enable thorough pre-shift wellness checks
- Social distance enabled between our ordering kiosks and adding anti-microbial screens
- Contactless curbside pickup and delivery options for customers
For more information or to order Panera Curbside today, visit www.PaneraBread.com.