PizzaRev takes a page out of the Buffalo Wild Wings playbook with the launch of six custom hot sauces. The Buffalo Wild Wings-backed build-your-own pizza shop features the signature sauces at its ‘Rev It Up’ counter where guests can choose from a variety of ingredients, including dry-aged Parmesan cheese and Italian spices, to put the finishing touches on their custom, personal pizzas. The sauces are now available at 27 open PizzaRev restaurants across California, Texas, Utah, South Dakota, and Minnesota.
“Our new line of sauces adds to PizzaRev’s unique, fully customized dining experience,” says Nicholas Eckerman, COO and co-founder of PizzaRev. “Our guests now have the opportunity to ‘Rev It Up’ in a whole new way.”
The new line of signature hot sauces includes the following flavors:
- Garlic Habanero: This sauce features a mix of garlic and habanero and is the spiciest of the six flavors. (Scoville Heat Units: 200,000-350,000)
- Habanero: A smooth blend of aged red tabasco and habanero peppers adds medium heat. (Scoville Heat Units: 100,000-250,000)
- Cayenne Pepper: Louisiana-style hot sauce that complements any pizza, adding mild to medium heat. (Scoville Heat Units: 15,000-30,000)
- Chipotle: A sauce featuring the deliciously smooth flavor of the chipotle pepper. (Scoville Heat Units: 12,000-30,000)
- Jalapeno: A burst of flavor for jalapeno lovers, offering great taste with a mild heat level. Lower in sodium than most jalapeno sauces. (Scoville Heat Units: 8,000 – 23,000)
- Datil Pepper: A thicker sauce that offers the distinct flavor of the datil pepper without the extreme heat. This is the mildest custom sauce. (Scoville Heat Units: 5,000 – 8,000)
PizzaRev lets guests to craft their own 11-inch personal pizza, with all the toppings they’d like, for one price. The process starts with the crust, either original or gluten-free. Guests then choose from four signature sauces, including a savory organic red sauce, a creamy white alfredo, and a spicy-sweet BBQ, and then top it off by choosing from a wide array of all-natural cheeses, meat, and veggie toppings. Each pizza is fired to a perfect, Roman-style crispiness in less than three minutes in PizzaRev’s 900 degree stone-hearth oven.