When it came time to create its biggest set of menu additions yet, the one-stop healthy meal shop, Snap Kitchen, raised the bar on food innovation. Snap went back to its roots, and the new menu delivers big on its commitment to taste, flavor, and health. Today, Snap Kitchen unveiled its eagerly anticipated new menu across its 43 locations nationwide, featuring six new incredible meals that incorporate some of the hottest culinary trends. Snap Kitchen's all-star team of chefs and nutritionists challenged themselves to source and create unique recipes full of bold flavors and fresh ingredients that enable customers to mindfully indulge in these shockingly nutritious creations.
"Our new menu defies the laws of food physics with unexpected meals that are good for you and incredibly delicious at the same time," says Dave Kirchhoff, CEO of Snap Kitchen. "Our chefs and dietitians took brisket, a meat that people obsess over and turned it on its head with a healthy twist."
Brisket is sweeping the country and Snap Kitchen is working its magic on this guilty pleasure to make the juicy cut of beef healthy. The new menu is chock full of fantastic new eats, and two of the stand out dishes, the Slow Roasted Brisket Tacos and Brisket Hash, will change your thoughts about brisket forever. Both meals are packed with brisket, braised low, and slow-cooked for 10 hours, bringing out its juicy flavor, while maintaining a lower fat content than other cuts of red meat.
- Slow Roasted Brisket Tacos: This dish features tender brisket meat, roasted poblano peppers and zucchini, wrapped up in a delicious Cassava and Coconut tortilla from Siete Family Foods in Austin. Snap Kitchen tapped into this local Austin partner to source this perfect Paleo tortilla. Complete the tacos with chipotle salsa or top them off with dairy-free sour cream made fresh from cashews and lemon juice.
- Brisket Hash: The new brisket features a secret barbecue rub and brisket mixed with fresh cut peppers, onions, red cabbage, and sweet potatoes for a tasty combination. The barbecue sauce is another homage to Texas. Usually BBQ sauce is full of sugar but this is crafted with caramelized yellow onions and add a little vinegar and honey. The end result is a barbecue sauce you can feel great about.
- "To many people's surprise, brisket, when prepared correctly, is incredibly lean and nutritious, making it an ideal ingredient for a satisfying guilt-free meal that you will crave," says Ethan Holmes, executive research and development chef at Snap Kitchen. "We really challenged ourselves with this menu to feature unanticipated ingredients and new spins on classics that you can't find elsewhere."
- While the flavorful brisket dishes set the bar high, Snap's chefs didn't stop there. They created new meals featuring other hometown favorites as well as traditional ethnic recipes including:
- Coconut Curry Beef: Starting with antibiotic-free beef poached in organic light coconut milk, seasoned with ginger garlic and cilantro, this tropical dish is tossed over a base of whole-grain brown rice and garnished with Thai basil and vibrant chili oil.
- Turkey Picadillo Stuffed Peppers: Taking a Cuban twist on stuffed bell peppers, this meal features ground turkey picadillo and a homemade tangy tomato sauce for a perfect balance of sweet and savory.
- Beef Sweet Potato Scramble: This better-for-you take on the traditional Tex Mex breakfast combines grass-fed ground beef, locally sourced eggs, shredded sweet potatoes, and a fresh tomatillo salsa.
- Shakshuka: As fun to say as it is to eat, this traditional Israeli meal features ingredients like fresh vegetables in a bold tomato sauce, all topped with an over easy egg. It's a breakfast dish that will be enjoyed throughout the day.
With a history of giving back to its local communities, Snap Kitchen's new menu rollout will kick off the company's new "Taco Tuesday" charitable program. Every Tuesday from June 21 to July 26, $1 from the sale of each Slow Roasted Brisket Taco meal will be donated to a local charity, including North Texas Food Bank (Dallas), Second Savings (Houston), Sustainable Food Center (Austin), Wood Family Foundation (Chicago), and Back on My Feet (Philadelphia).
With 43 shops in Austin, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, and Philadelphia, Snap Kitchen prides itself on being convenient and helpful to time-crunched customers. With a vast selection of meals made from scratch daily, Snap has the perfect dish for everyone complete with wholesome, locally sourced ingredients that cater to a variety of dietary needs, including gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, paleo, and dairy free.