Zoup!, the fast casual restaurant known for award-winning soups and made-to-order salads and sandwiches, is turning 20 this year. Since opening its very first restaurant in Southfield in 1998, the brand has grown to 100 locations across the United States and Ontario, Canada. To celebrate two decades of success, Zoup! is serving up a week of fun food specials from May 29 through June 2.
“Twenty years ago, we knew if we could create filling, delicious soups made with authentic ingredients, we’d have a recipe for success,” says founder and CEO Eric Ersher. “We wouldn’t be where we are today without the continued loyalty of our customers. This celebration is all about expressing our gratitude for their ongoing support. We couldn’t do it without them!”
The 20th anniversary festivities kick off with the following week of specials:
- Tuesday, May 29—Two-fer Tuesday: Members of Zoup!’s InsiderZ! loyalty program get an extra punch on their InsiderZ! cards.
- Wednesday, May 30—Free Cookies Day: Guests receive two free mini cookies with purchase of a regular soup, sandwich or salad.
- Thursday, May 31—Throwback Thursday: Zoup! is taking guests back to 1998 – the year the restaurant first opened—with $5.95 bowls of soup.
- Friday, June 1—98-Cent Sandwich Day: All half sandwiches are just 98 cents with soup purchase.
- Saturday, June 2—Family Day: Free kids meal with any adult entrée purchase.
While Zoup! is honoring its past, the company isn’t resting on its laurels. Twenty years in, the brand continues to innovate with tasty new menu items. On Monday, May 21, Zoup! is rolling out a brand-new menu category: protein-packed Power Bowls. These new super-filling, super-charged Power Bowls offer more than 20 grams of protein and nutrient-rich kale and come in three varieties: Fiesta Chicken, Kale Chicken Caesar and Lemon Feta Garbanzo.
Finally, InsiderZ! cardholders receive an extra punch on their loyalty card on select days throughout the summer. Cardholders typically receive one punch per visit or two punches after 3 p.m., earning a free TryTwo! combo (soup and a half sandwich or half salad) after 12 punches.
Zoup! features a wide variety of award-winning soups with 12 rotating daily varieties, including low-fat, low-cal, vegetarian, made with gluten-free ingredients and dairy-free options, all served with a hunk of freshly baked bread. Customer favorites include Chicken Potpie, Lobster Bisque and Tomato Vegetables, but guests are encouraged to find the soup that’s perfect for them by sampling before they order. The menu also features seasonal, made-to-order salads and sandwiches, and all menu items are available in convenient catering sizes for groups of 10 or more. Online ordering is also available.