Biscuitville Fresh Southern, a local favorite, family-owned restaurant known for its authentic, Southern-style breakfasts, announced the expansion of its Fresh Southern lunch menu, set for early February across the Triad, including the Asheboro, Winston-Salem, Clemmons, Kernersville, and Mt. Airy, North Carolina, locations. Biscuitville first debuted its Fresh Southern lunch menu items in 2014 in select locations.
Biscuitville’s lunch menu was crafted with the help of culinary expert Chef Andrew Hunter and includes a selection of fresh-made sandwiches, chicken breast tenders, local and house-made sauces, and snacks and sides. These items will be added to the company’s current menu and served daily from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at these additional Triad locations.
“The new lunch menu stays true to our authentic Southern brand, and these partnerships will continue our tradition of locally-sourced and fresh ingredients,” says Jim Metevier, Biscuitville’s president. “We are excited to offer guests more Southern-inspired meal options when they visit Biscuitville.”
Ensuring the freshest, highest-quality ingredients available are used, Biscuitville has forged two new local vendor partnerships with Carolina Classics Catfish and Cackalacky Inc.
Carolina Classics Catfish of Ayden, North Carolina, is America's premium farm-raised catfish producer. The catfish are grain-fed and farm-raised in environmentally friendly conditions without the use of hormones or synthetic farming chemicals.
Cackalacky Inc., located in Siler City, North Carolina, created one of the featured sauces on the Fresh Southern lunch menu. Cackalacky Cheerwine Sweet Sauce is a locally sourced sweet and savory sauce, blending Cackalacky Spice Sauce (made from Southern sweet potatoes) and the original Cheerwine secret formula.
In contrast to Biscuitville’s breakfast menu, the new Fresh Southern lunch menu sandwiches are served on a hot, sweet buttered bun—not a biscuit. The lunch menu includes the following eight new items featuring locally sourced ingredients.
- Southern Fried Catfish Sandwich: a catfish fillet hand-breaded with locally-milled cornmeal fried and served with a house-made lemon tartar sauce with North Carolina dill pickle relish
- Cackalacky Chop Sandwich: a special spice blend pork chop cutlet topped with house-made Carolina Cole Slaw and Cackalacky Cheerwine Sweet Sauce
- BBQ Bruiser Sandwich: local pulled pork mixed in a tangy sauce topped with bacon, American cheese, and house-made coleslaw
- Grilled Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich: grilled, seasoned chicken breast topped with lettuce, tomato, bacon, and house-made Buttermilk Ranch sauce
- Southern Fried Okra: hand-breaded in locally milled cornmeal, fried, and served with house-made Buttermilk Ranch dipping sauce
- Homestyle Chicken Breast Tenders: crispy, lightly seasoned chicken tenders paired with local and house-made dipping sauces: Honey-Mustard, Buttermilk Ranch, or Cackalacky Cheerwine Sweet Sauce
- Sweet Potato Casserole: topped with walnut, cinnamon, and sugar streusel and baked fresh daily
- Carolina Cole Slaw: a blend of cabbages mixed with house-made coleslaw mayonnaise