Wendy’s Canada announced a fresh new campaign, “We Keep It Fresh,” inspired by Wendy’s long-standing commitment to fresh-made, quality food and forward-leaning innovation across its more than 415 restaurants in Canada. The new campaign highlights Wendy’s fresh take in showing up for fans, delivering craveable menu items, innovative restaurant design standards, new sustainability goals and fresh deals for customers to enjoy more Wendy’s favorites.
“In a world of microwaves and warming trays, cut corners and frozen everything, Wendy’s was built upon a commitment to quality and keeping it fresh,” says Liz Geraghty, Chief Marketing Officer, International, The Wendy’s Company. “We keep it fresh in meeting our fans where and how they want to enjoy Wendy’s favorites by evolving our restaurants, menu and through the ways we connect with customers and the communities we serve.”
Wendy’s iconic, fresh, never frozen Canadian beef and commitment to quality hasn’t changed as the brand innovates with new menu offerings, cutting edge technology, enhancing customer, crew and digital experiences, and creating new ways to recruit franchisees to help grow the brand, including:
- Fresh Deals: Now through April 23rd, Wendy’s fans can wake up on the right side of breakfast with a new $5 Croissant deal. The new mouth-watering deal includes a breakfast sandwich on a 120-layer butter croissant, with a freshly cracked Canadian grade A egg and your choice of a grilled square sausage patty or oven-baked Applewood smoked bacon paired with a side of hot and crispy small seasoned potatoes. Fresh deals are just one way Wendy’s serves up value to fans with quality, craveable menu items at an affordable price.
- Fresh Menu Innovation: Earlier this year Wendy’s introduced Homestyle French Toast Sticks, the first sweet addition to the recently launched Canadian breakfast menu. Keeping it fresh doesn’t just drive new menu items. Wendy’s food vision, Fast Food Done Right, is all about serving up real, fresh-made, craveable food that is forward-leaning and doesn’t cost customers a fortune.
- Fresh Wendy’s Rewards: In late 2022, Wendy’s announced the launch of the Wendy’s Rewards loyalty program in Canada, which invites customers to earn points and unlock rewards to claim their favourite menu items. Wendy’s continues to make it easy for customers to order freshly prepared, craveable food via its mobile app, with deals and offers at their fingertips.
- Fresh Restaurants: Moving forward, Wendy’s new unit growth will be supported by Global Next Gen, a modernized restaurant design, with an optimized layout and next-generation technology to deliver more Wendy’s to more people with an emphasis on convenience, speed and accuracy.
- Fresh Opportunities: Celebrating one year since its launch, Wendy’s franchise recruitment initiative,Own Your Opportunity, has created pathways for all entrepreneurs who want to grow with Wendy’s through franchising, including a focus on Québec. To fuel development efforts in the U.S. and Canada, the Company created a $100 million Build-to-Suit development fund where Wendy’s secures and builds restaurants in underdeveloped trade areas and hands over turnkey solutions to franchisees. Through Own Your Opportunity, Wendy’s has received significant interest from prospective franchisees with the number of approved franchisees in 2022 representing approximately 10% of Wendy’s total franchise base.
- Fresh Sustainability Commitments: This year, The Wendy’s Company set near-term, science-based targets to reduce Scope 1, 2 and 3 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 47% across its global System by 2030. Through the aggressive emissions cuts, Wendy’s has committed to meaningful, credible and measurable progress in reducing the System’s climate impact.
Wendy’s new “We Keep It Fresh” campaign will begin rolling out across Canada with new brand creative and in-restaurant merchandising.